Senior Manager, Research and Experience DesignEF Education FirstCambridge, MAOverview:
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead our Research and Experience Design team. A key part of EF’s team, this person will be a strong dot connector and advocate for user centered design across the organization. They will be passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end experience for teachers, parents and students as they purchase, plan and travel on an educational tour.
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of 7 experience designers and researchers.
- Build relationships across teams and departments so that we can continue to expand our influence across the business.
- Identify new opportunities where Research and Experience Design can positively impact the organization.
- Work with a cross functional team to optimize workflows and processes to support efficiency and quality of work.
- Always put teachers, parents and students at the heart of everything we do.
- Truly enjoy people leadership and have experience growing and developing a team of 4 or more
- Understand that meeting customer needs goes well beyond screens.
- Know you can learn as much from your team, your stakeholders and your colleagues as you can teach and give back to your organization
- Have a strong understanding of user centered design principles, techniques and methods. Whether research or design, you are able to guide your team towards the best tools from the UX toolbox.
- Are a compelling storyteller
- Are able to partner with, collaborate with, and lead a diverse range of personalities with distinct perspectives
- Know when you should push for something and when you should let it go.
- Are adaptable and comfortable getting scrappy.
- Have experience advocating for quality with both customer facing and internal applications
- Are comfortable in an agile environment
- Are an active member of the Boston UX community
- Are a tight-knit team passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end experience for our customers
- Are experienced, independent, and have a good handle on the day-to-day
- are a diverse team with a unique set of strengths (think T shape)
- Believe that in every challenge hides an opportunity (or two!)
- Are life long learners, and constantly do so from each other, our UX book club, and frequent knowledge sharing.
- Truly like each other and believe team drinks/ lunches/avocado toast breakfasts are just good team spirit.
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
- RSP matching plan