Who we are
EF Educational Tours, a division of EF Education First, helps high school teachers and their students discover the world through culturally immersive educational travel. Through experiential learning, our educational tours help students gain new perspectives, develop important 21st century skills and become true global citizens. And, as an accredited institution, students and teachers can earn high school and professional development credit.About EF Education First
We’re 40,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we do it all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.
What this role is
- User Centered. Understanding the needs of teachers, parents, students and others that are using our products is critical to success.
- Collaborative. We work within cross-functional teams to solve complex design problems.
- Iterative. You will be doing lots of sketching, wireframing, site mapping, user flowing and user research in order to make your ideas a reality
- Agile. We start with the MVP and iterate.
What this role is NOT
- Visual design. We have a whole team of people that has that covered.
- Handing off your designs and never touching them again. We follow through from initial concepts through first release onward.
- A solo effort. Whether you’re an introvert or extrovert, you need to enjoy solving problems as part of a team.
Who you are
You are a practical dreamer, a UX nerd, and you love to ask why. You crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs. You own your ideas and run with them. When you’re stuck—you believe there’s a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you haven’t lost your sense of humor. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small, private one.
- 5+ years professional experience as UX Designer
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Willingness to travel internationally (1-2 weeks per year)
- Understand opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
Ideal skills & expertise
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field, preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Comfortable presenting designs both formally and informally
- Strong visual problem solver
- Experience with various design research methods