About this Position
As a Product Designer for Skuid, you’ll have the challenge of designing products and creating tools to help our customers design and deploy their own enterprise applications. You’ll contribute to our growing design system and app customization tools as well as help shape the end-user experience for customer applications built with Skuid.
You’re a fit for us if you’re passionate about great user experience, and you take into account business objectives, user needs, experience principles, and industry best practices to inform your work. You own your designs but understand that you’re part of a team — not only of designers, but engineers, product managers, and writers — and encourage everyone on the team to participate in the design process. You’re pragmatic and know that even the best designs adapt and shift over the course of development, and you can adapt as needed while still advocating for the user. You’re open to iteration and feedback. You know how to communicate with the right level of detail for different types of stakeholders. You understand and thrive on the unique challenges presented by designing for enterprise applications and platforms.
- Apply your experience with product design systems and principles to create new Skuid features
- Define, explore, and solve complex enterprise application and platform problems
- Build a vision for your product area and help your team work iteratively towards achieving it
- Develop industry-leading domain expertise in your product’s problem area(s) – data integrations, personalization, platform configuration, page building, theme composition, marketplace, data visualization, etc.
- Ship valuable, high quality work without sacrificing speed
- Work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and pen and paper to define your work at low and high fidelity
- Continuously broaden your knowledge in other UX disciplines.
- Contribute to and shape UX and Product team culture
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to promote coherence, productivity, and flexibility for Skuid’s internal product teams and customers using the Skuid platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, customer interviews, and peer feedback
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in a related field
- Proven record of bringing products to market and designing for outcomes
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, marketing, support and more
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, etc
- Passion for solving core product problems while contributing to other facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces
- Willingness to travel (less than 25% of your time)