Manifest’s Experience Design team is on the hunt for an Associate Director in Chicago. In this leadership role, you’ll work with cross-functional teams to craft large-scale digital experiences, and lead efforts to continually evolve the experience design practice.
• Inspired leadership that involves organizing and leading design and research efforts to create useful, usable, and compelling cross-channel experiences
• Infusing user-centered design, design thinking, design strategy, and data-influenced design into projects and the organization
• Enabling collaboration with XD team members, cross-functional teams, and clients – ensuring the best ideas are surfaced, embraced, and brought to life
• Proactively making the team better by mentoring, optimizing process, introducing design trends, supporting continuous learning, and modeling respectful and supportive behaviors
• Thinking big, pursuing innovation, continually raising the bar, willing to go the extra mile, and driving to deliver high-quality experiences for clients and customers
• Juggling multiple projects, and moving in and out of leadership and individual contributor roles.
• Obsessed with making everything around you better
• At least 9 years of UX design and research experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction or equivalent field
• Digital agency experience
• A portfolio showcasing your ability to apply user-centered design to a variety of challenges
• Strong communication skills, including writing and presenting
• Deep familiarity with all facets of user-centered design
• Proven experience with large-scale responsive websites and mobile apps
• Experience with creating design systems a plus
• Some travel to out-of-state clients
Manifest is an equal opportunity employer. Manifest does not sponsor employment visas.