Are you passionate about digital products? Do you love talking to people to find out exactly how they use them? Do you geek out on style guides and design patterns? Do you know when an interaction is a millisecond too slow or fast? Do you believe that less is more and simplicity reigns supreme?
We are looking for an innovative UX designer to help craft amazing user experiences. You should have an understanding of the entire UX process from research and user testing to wireframes and mockups. You will take on complex tasks and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and easy-to-use designs for our users around the world. You’ll be collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders throughout the design process.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Participate in design solution workshops with cross-functional stakeholder groups to ensure alignment with business requirements and understanding of considerations and implications of business decisions on the customer experience.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate and test interaction and design ideas.
- Create final mockups for developers.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in UX design.
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Outstanding portfolio showing proficiency in implementing effective, intuitive designs: sample artifacts with a discussion of business goals, challenges, constraints, and resulting achievements.
- Experience with user research, strategy, design, and usability.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Experience designing for multi-platform products, ensuring brand and experience consistency.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and other visual design tools.
- Experience using HTML and CSS in prototypes and production.
- Demonstrated effort to continually increase knowledge of strategies and best practices for professional UX design.
- Superb communication skills; strong organizational skills; a great listener and teammate.
EXPERIENCE THAT WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Understanding of user testing methodologies, including conducting, documenting, and presenting findings from user research.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.