The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes best practices in risk management through education, training, media, and events. Our programs and services address the critical need for risk education that keeps pace with a rapidly evolving industry, and provide expert knowledge and global networking opportunities to risk professionals in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Our certifications, the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®), are the most highly respected designations in risk around the world, and our courses provide professionals with the essential knowledge they need to identify, assess, and manage risk. www.garp.org.
GARP is looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of GARP products and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- 3-5 years experience in User Experience or relevant fields
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Expertise in UI software such as Photoshop, Sketch or similar.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin or similar design programs.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.