Senior Interactive Designer at NextEra Energy, Inc
Juno Beach, FL
This position is a two year Project Bound role + benefits. Great opportunity to join a growing team!
The Interaction Designer will be an integral part of the Digital Customer Experience team. The Interaction Designer will work with cross-functional teams to ensure the creation of engaging, positive, user experiences and intuitive interfaces for device, mobile and application solutions. Someone in this position is a problem solver and enjoys the challenge of translating big ideas into adaptable experiences across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
In this role, you will define interaction models, user task flows, and user-interface specifications; communicate user scenarios, end-to-end experiences and screen designs to stakeholders; and create customer journey maps, web-based product and service activation experiences and mobile apps.
This designer possesses excellent visual and user interface design skills and creativity with a high-level proficiency in visual creation tools. He/she has the ability to translate high-level requirements from various business stakeholders and managers, and transform them into elegant, intuitive, and functional user-facing interaction designs to delight users and enrich their experiences. You will work with business members, technology partners, and visual designers to develop and incorporate our brand experience. The Interaction Designer will have a proven track record in user-centered design methodology and techniques.
• Collaborates closely with and assists in the definition and translation of business requirements into user flows and wireframes.
• Facilitate user experience design sessions to identify business and technical requirements for technology, research and business initiatives to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
• Develop overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for technology and business initiatives.
• Creates site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications; analyzes usability test results; and develops user experience design briefs.
• Uses a variety of analytical techniques to gather and analyze design requirements (e.g. interviews, facilitated workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, workflow analysis, observations, etc.)
• Provide information to support interaction design prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
• Work with creative and visual leads to co-evolve experience solutions through an iterative design process.
• Works with technical leads to understand technical systems and constraints so that design solutions are technically feasible and optimal.
• Build and advocate the development of UI guidelines, standards and requirements that serve as the foundation for designing cohesive experiences.
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools (e.g., Adobe CS) or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through ideation.
• Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews.
• Connect the dots between business requirements, innovation, analytics, and good design through visual representation of ideas.
• Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design or equivalent design-related field
5+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
• Design experience on mobile, tablet, mobile, or desktop devices
• Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign or their functional equivalents
• Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• A portfolio demonstrating relevant design experience with work samples showcasing process sketches, design documentation and detailed design presentations
• Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides