UX/UI Designer at GVNG
Los Angeles, CA
GVNG is a revolutionary SaaS technology platform that allows individuals & companies to start and run a nonprofit instantly. GVNG reduces 98% of the cost, labor, and time associated with starting, running, and operating a 501c3 tax exempt entity. Using the GVNG platform, users can build a fully compliant, tax-exempt nonprofit, complete with banking access, a personal nonprofit website, proprietary fundraising tools, analytics, grant disbursement capabilities and more, all in under one minute. GVNG is the world's first PhilTech platform (Philanthropy Technology) and is revolutionizing the way philanthropy is conducted in the United States. Although we are doing a lot of good, we are private tech company 😊We have overwhelming customer, media, and partner demand, are fully funded, revenue generating, growing and are now looking to expand our team to include talented, driven, and ambitious team players that want to help us create a happier, healthier and more just world.We are post-launch with a rich community of closed beta users, but are also under the radar by design, as we add new features to our product and prepare for our scalable launch in September. Our team is truly world-class, and now is the ideal time to join us as we’ve built our v.10 product, iterated on it, and will be going live in 3 months. We are now looking for distinctive leaders to help us execute seamlessly and efficiently.
We are expanding the team rapidly and looking for a UX/UI Designer who will work closely with our product manager, product designer, CTO and tech team to craft our product and bring our product to market. Specifically, the UX/UI Designer will be responsible for creating a beautiful interface design, including wireframes, sitemaps, animations/graphics, visual prototypes, interface mockups, user experience flowcharts and more. The UX/UI designer will also help create content for our marketing and social channels, including animations, infographics, and visuals.We believe in self-direction, individual autonomy, and creative freedom, and we value those principles at the highest level. As such, this position requires a self-motivated individual, who is creative, bold, and ambitious, yet is able to maintain timelines and schedules with deadlines.
You should be comfortable with the below tasks
· Translating concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
· Driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results, connects emotionally, and provides the user with an easy and delightful experience using the product
· Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
· Taking a project from basic wireframes to full UI
· Creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wire frame diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes
· Review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing and analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
· Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately
· Working with client and project teams to complete the information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including site map, wire frame layout and template development/testing
· Assist with content development for marketing and social media, including: infographics, visuals, animations etc.
· Experience working closely with a Product Manager, Product Designer, and CTO
· Experience designing for SaaS platforms, mobile, and consumer facing self-service apps
· 3+ years of UX/UI design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications
· Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer
· Experience with project tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
· Experience with motion graphics and animations
· Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
· Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
· A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
· Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
· Some knowledge of philanthropy strategy, nonprofit industry, corporate social responsibility
· A positive attitude, collaborative working style
· Ability to learn quickly, thrive in ambiguity and get things done fast
· Degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field