Please include a link to your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
MaxPoint is searching for an enthusiastic Visual Designer to join our multidisciplinary UX team in the Morrisville, NC office. We are seeking a collaborative individual who can easily blend typography, iconography, color, and texture together to craft designs that delight, inspire, and engage our users. As a Visual Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design principles and evidence-based results to produce high-quality designs that help our users successfully navigate MaxPoint’s product suite.
Are you tired of being a UX Unicorn? Do you regularly obsess over the design details and aesthetics of the apps, products, and brands that you experience day to day? Are you interested in joining an energetic multidisciplinary team? Our UX Researchers, Interaction Designers, and Visual Designers inspire each other on a daily basis by sharing ideas, articles, interaction examples, and product designs. We are driven by our collective passion for innovation within the UX realm. We want another individual with a creative spark to fuel our enthusiasm.
- Visually conceptualize, ideate, and refine design solutions and patterns across multiple products.
- Explore typographic hierarchy, iconography, imagery, color, and texture to visually solve problems in elegant and beautiful ways.
- Create clickable prototypes and animations via InVision or other software to adequately depict the end-user story.
- Actively participate in team brainstorming and solution generation by collaborating with other Visual Designers, Interaction Designers, and UX researchers.
- Comprehend and visually articulate product requirements.
- Present and communicate ideas to fellow UX teammates, Product Managers, and Engineers
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure the vision for design patterns and microinteractions are implemented.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Analytics, and Engineering teams during design, development, testing, and product releases.
- Online portfolio or work examples of your visual design thought process.
- Hands on experience with visual or product design.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, or other field related to visual design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision.
- Ability to present and articulate design decisions to stakeholders.
- Team player with an ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team.