About the Role
CrowdTwist is seeking a hybrid UX Designer/Frontend Developer for our growing team based in New York City. You will work to understand users’ challenges and needs across the CrowdTwist platform and in client-specific loyalty programs. You will be designing and developing different projects as we continue to grow and enhance our platform, collaborating closely with the Product, Engineering, Data and Client Success organizations. Your work will go in front of millions of people and will directly influence the loyalty program offerings for our clients, such as Pepsi, Marvel, Carhartt, Nestlé Purina, AMC’s The Walking Dead, TOMS, Steve Madden and Zumiez.
CrowdTwist is a venture-backed NYC based company that provides the most comprehensive omnichannel loyalty and analytics solutions for industry-leading brands. We’re relaxed, experienced, hard-driving, and we’re changing our industry.
- You have strong skills in UX design and in frontend development, and you have work that you’re proud to show us.
- You have a foundation in user-centered design and can articulate business requirements and user needs, demonstrating how your solutions solve for both.
- You can show a portfolio of shipped products and can explain how your work contributed to the final result.
- You have mastery of wireframe and prototyping software (such as Sketch, InVision, and Axure) and traditional design software (like Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop).
- You have some experience with a frontend framework, such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- You understand accessibility requirements and best practices.
- You’ve been designing and developing tech products professionally for at least 3 years, ideally in an Agile environment.
- You have a solid understanding of the product development process.
What We’d Like to See
- Show, don’t tell. Have a live, online portfolio with real work examples that demonstrate your experience as a product designer and frontend developer. We’re especially interested in how you contributed to the whole process, so include wireframes and prototypes.
- Come with an example of how you’ve solved a complex user flow. Examples might include a peer-to-peer payment system, learning platform, online transactions—any project where you applied critical thinking to creatively solve a problem. (Pick an example that goes beyond redesigned content navigation or well-established design patterns.)
What We Offer
We have a fun, generous company culture that's built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more:
- Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits package including fully paid Medical, Dental & Vision plans for employees & their dependents!
- Stock options for all employees!
- Collaborative work environment that fosters bonds beyond the workplace
- We treat our people well with employee recognition programs and referral bonuses
- Better than average team building activities such as paintball, go-cart racing, shuffleboard, organized sporting teams and off-site retreats.
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Pet-friendly office environment