Startups drive our innovation economy, but even for sophisticated investors identifying the most promising startups is challenging and often based on scarce information. For startups, finding smart money and expert feedback is equally difficult. CrowdSmart’s prediction platform enables both greater efficiency (quantity) and effectiveness (quality) of investment decision-making. CrowdSmart is a San Francisco based technology-driven investment platform that combines AI and collective intelligence to identify and fuel the world’s top startups.
CrowdSmart (www.crowdsmart.io) is seeking a senior experience lead that is ready to take on the challenge of transforming startup investing. We are solving big problems and need a leader ready to take on big challenges. We are looking for an experience lead who can assist us in attracting and engaging our growing community of experts as well as telling a story using the data generated from our prediction platform (AI/ML). Our goal is to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and motivations to deliver insights that inform product strategy and user experiences. You will be a key driver for the whole process from beginning to end — research, customer interviews, creating user flows and wireframes, directing design and requirements. Candidates should have prior senior level startup experience; ideally in B2B2C marketplaces and similar. Experience with angel and VC investing a plus.
• Own big design projects (think two-sided marketplaces, AI and other high-impact projects)
• Work directly with our engineers, assisting design and product in delivering product specs
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the entire of the team
• Conduct research, customer interviews and create user flows
• Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
• Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
• Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
• 7+ years of UX and/or UI design within startups
• Strong portfolio of design projects
• Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
• Experience designing complex experiences/apps
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
• Self-motivated and able to efficiently lead a project team
• Analytical mind with business acumen
• Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions and work with remote team members and executives
BA/BS degree in Design, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Must include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume for consideration.