IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking UX Designers to design new interactive question types for IXL. In this role, you will collaborate with curriculum designers for all grade levels and subject areas, as well as software engineers and visual designers. Your involvement will span the full development cycle, including brainstorming, design, testing, documentation, and support. This is an entry-level position.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter, if available.
This position is also offered as a remote role.
What You'll Be Doing
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design issues
- Work with visual designers to create beautiful mockups
- Partner with curriculum designers and engineers to create stunning new question types
- Help ensure students have a seamless experience across subjects and grade levels
- Understand our users and their educational needs
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and PMs to continually raise the quality of our products
- Champion great ideas verbally and through design artifacts that clearly communicate those ideas and their rationale
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and variations; know when to apply pixel-perfection and when to make lo-fi sketches
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS Degree in Math, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities; some coursework or experience in front-end web development and technologies is preferred
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety of audiences
- Intuition for when to follow established design patterns and when to break them
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.