As the Lead Product Designer, you will lead a small team of talented product designers to produce intuitive and effective designs while providing support and streamlining product design process and quality. You will be empowered to make a lasting impact on the experience and design direction of The Black Tux.
The perfect candidate will be an experienced, user-centered designer with a proven track-record of working with and elevating the designers around them.
What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Leverage design expertise to create beautiful, intuitive experiences for The Black Tux user.
- Lead, mentor, challenge and grow a team of product designers. Contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- Drive a user-centered design practice to design innovative, on-brand solutions that meet measurable customer needs, business requirements and goals.
- Strike the right balance between holistic experience design and detail-oriented execution and evangelize this approach.
- Know technology and emergent design patterns and coach to designing for changing consumer behaviors and preferences.
- Develop, facilitate and lead best practices for maintaining consistency and coherence across product designs.
- Work with product management, engineering, brand and other departments to reach the best design solutions and and disseminate design vision across the organization.
- Help to set clear, realistic, action-oriented goals with each product designer and provide coaching and insight to achieve those goals.
Benefits and perks of working at The Black Tux
- Talented and experienced product designer with track record of mentoring and coaching up and coming product designers.
- Obsess about the user, what motivates them, and how our product can surpass their expectations.
- A variety and depth of experience designing complex user journeys.
- Successfully leveraged user research, usability testing and data insights to build strategy and improve experiences.
- Ability to collaborate with and coach designers to achieve their best results.
- Strong conceptual thinking and compositional sense.
- Expert communicator. You model giving and receiving feedback.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals