The Customer Service UX team is looking for a talented UX Designer to work on our Customer Self Service chat bot and conversational UIs. You are an experienced UX Designer with strong user interface design skills, and a desire to go deep in understanding your users. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving highly ambiguous and multi-faceted problems. You love the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways that can make customer interactions effortless an intuitive.
We are the Customer Service (CS) UX team. We own the experiences at Amazon that enable our customers to resolve their issues through human support (Customer Service Associates) and Self-Service UIs powered by automation and machine learning. We iterate relentlessly, spending time in call centers, with customers the field, and in the UX research lab, and through rapid UX prototypes. Our work greatly impact our customers’ lives and is critical for Amazon to continue being the most customer centric company in the world.
As a UX designer, you will define and design interfaces for Customer Service tools that leverage the latest machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities aimed to help customers solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, conversation flows, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering and the UX team to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic designer who can translate business needs into an effortless and intuitive customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
· Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, telemetry data, A/B data, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
· Work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for browser-based and device specific screen sizes
· Quickly yet through process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· Provide leadership in the area of Machine learning and AI powered conversational and multimodal user interfaces
· 6+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
· A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions that solve for customer problems
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Axure, Sketch, Illustrator, Flinto, Hype, and Keynote
· A relentless customer focus
· Experience designing conversational experiences powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence
· Demonstrated interaction design expertise; capacity for creating natural, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
· Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
· A master’s degree in Design, Information Science, Computer Science/HCI, or a design-related discipline such cognitive psychology.
· Proficiency with web and accessibility standards
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.