Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform. Our team is seeking a talented, experienced, self-directed Senior UX Designer to join a product team that is responsible for driving adoption of the AWS platform by startups around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing customer-centric, functional, simple and beautiful interfaces to help startups grow their business. We are building a new self-service interface to help all startups with resources and benefits they need to grow and succeed - technical guidance and best practices, business mentorship, AWS credits and so much more. You will define and own the design language, overall aesthetic, and user experience roadmap. Ultimately, you will own the implementation of your interactions and designs our end customer: startups.
You will collaborate with the AWS Activate product managers, engineers and customer operations team; along with AWS Startup Business Development and AWS Startup Marketing to understand and define startup customer needs and translate those needs into interactions and design. You will work with a talented development team to implement these designs and get them into the hands of customers. You will measure your work, and rapidly iterate and improve design based on your measurements. Above all, you will delight startup customers with functional, simple and beautiful experiences.
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience is required for this role
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, prototyping, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
· 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex customer-facing web applications
· Familiarity with user interface patterns for customer-facing web applications
· At least two years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
· A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree is ideal
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a plus
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.