The User Experience Manager has responsibility to lead the team performing these tasks, including the recruiting, mentoring and building of user experience expertise to produce quality deliverables. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in performing the tasks themselves, managing a team to efficiently handle a dynamic workload and proven skills for influencing decision makers.
- Develop scenarios, task flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors and high-level design strategies for all devices
- Coordinate end-user research efforts, build prototypes, and conduct testing with customers to validate designs through customer feedback.
- Presents recommendations to business stakeholders and technical teams to influence decisions that create the best user experience. Ability to professionally defend/articulate design decisions that were made on your/the team’s behalf to key stakeholders and teams.
- Monitors user experience changes across competitors and other leaders in digital commerce to ensure we maintain an innovative user experience which keeps pace with customer expectations.
- Manage the creation, governance, and maintenance of user experience design standards, personas, scenarios and user testing protocols. Creates the overall strategy for the assigned digital assets. Leads cross functional teams to ensure that the voice of the customer is accounted for throughout the process. Develops testing and research strategies to ensure that the correct methods are being applied.
- Works with a cross functional team to define the overall user experience strategy/road map and user-centered design processes.
- Oversees user experience work performed by outside vendors. Manages and leads vendor resources, including managing budgets, and ensuring that work delivered by the vendor meets Bass Pro Shops needs.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and documentation. Develops templates, processes, and proper governance procedures to ensure proper designs, research, and testing is completed.
- Balance team’s workload, assign priorities and determine deliverables to effectively meet project needs.
- Support production teams by providing mentoring and feedback for execution of day-to-day activities. Responsible for developing team by providing opportunities for mentoring, training and performance evaluations for full-time staff. Create a collaborative team environment which allows individuals to perform at their best. Develop and communicate overall project priorities ensuring that the customer is represented in the process and that project priorities represent our customer's needs.
- Other Duties As Assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 to 10+ years
- Master's Degree in information design, human factors, HCI, cognitive psychology or related discipline or equivalent education & related training preferred.
- Proficiency with common design and project management tools such as Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working in a product team environment and/or with an agile development process preferred